Below are some of my favorite teaching tips and methods!
Video directions available ------- >
I have a class that won’t shut up! Help!
**If you record your lecture, and build in interactive features, you only have to say it once!
1. Create your lecture on a PowerPoint or Google Slides Presentation.
2. Add in interactive features. I suggest:
a. Color-coding the notes
b. Cornell Note features with summary at the end
c. “Brain Snacks” like predictions, opinions and infographs
3. Record your lecture using Screencastify or another screen-capture technology.
4. Upload the video to Nearpod or EdPuzzle to add CFU questions during the lecture.
a. If using Nearpod, you can add extending the text activities to the end of the presentation.
5. Put the link on Google Classroom or Canvas for students to access.
Teaching Tips for Helping our Special Education Students:
1) Please make sure that directions are both written as well as verbally given. Students with auditory processing or attention issues need written directions in order to be successful.
2) Use a timer for warm-ups/bell-work, time to get out materials or time to work on a certain assignment. Here is a video for how to add a timer app to your mac: https://youtu.be/Ujx-KvLYmbM
3) Have the materials posted. Students can be prepared when they know what they need for the class period.
4) Have an agenda posted. Students feel safer when they know what is happening and what will be expected of them that day.
5) Try using a To-Do list while students work to keep them on task. (See picture for example)
6) If students are having difficulty following different expectations for different activities, try using the C.H.A.M.P.S. system and posting on the board or screen. Link here: https://www.dailyteachingtools.com/champs-classroom-management.html
7) When you are teaching, make sure students have something to follow along with you (paper or computer ) or they won’t be paying attention to you.
Vern's Educational Resource Network
Copyright © 2023 Vern's Educational Resource Network - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy